Trading Name and Registration details
Tilshead Caravans is a trading name of :-
Tilshead Caravans Ltd
Registered in England. Registration No. 5737101
Registered Office: Chancery House, 30 St Johns Road, Woking, Surrey GU21 7SA
VAT No. 329 6411 51
Tilshead Caravans Ltd are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you.
Where legislation refers to business premises (such as The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013), these premises should be considered as Oakley Corner Garage, Stockbridge Road, Lopcombe, Salisbury, SP5 1BS, plus Tilshead Caravans Service Centre, Hollom Down Road, Lopcombe, Salisbury, SP1 1BP, plus also trading at the National Motorhome & Caravan Show and the Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show, which both take place at the NEC, Birmingham, B40 1NT in February and October annually.
Tilshead Caravans Ltd is a "Data Controller", which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
What information do we collect?
To effectively deal with the hire or sale of caravans, accessories and associated services, including servicing, repairs, registration of warranties and production of number plates we hold details of your name and address. Other information we hold may be your contact numbers, email addresses and personal details such as date of birth and driving licence number. We hold this information to enable us to comply with statutory obligations and to pursue our legitimate interests for the purposes set out in the section below.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data to:
- Supply products or services to you and to process your payments for the products.
- Make you aware of obligations or services which are necessary for the maintenance and/or upkeep of products we have supplied to you.
- Provide to third parties for the purpose of registering your purchase of products or services, registration of warranties, to support warranty claims, obtain or provide information to assist you, or in the usual course of our business with you.
- Provide to third parties where the law requires or allows us to do so.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our rules.
- Our business enters a joint venture with - or is sold to or merged with - another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
Where we store your personal data
We store your personal details on a secure server, within secure premises which has limited or no internet access.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirement.
How secure is your data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in any unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you; this enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information; this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please write to us at Stockbridge Road, Lopcombe, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP5 1BS or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your rights to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 1133 - Monday to Friday, between 9.00am and 5.00pm - or by email at email@example.com. You can also visit the ICO's website at https://ico.org.uk.
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Tilshead Caravans Ltd, company number 5737101.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal infomration please contact us on Tel. 01980 863636 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website: Use and collection of personal information
In general you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you use our online request/order forms you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computer or otherwise.
We may use information that you provide for assessment and analysis, e.g. marketing, customer and product analysis, to enable us to review, develop and improve our services.
A cookie is a piece of information which a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer. The browser saves the information and sends it back to the website server whenever the browser returns to the website. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website:
Session cookies which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
Persistent cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Cookies can help websites to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly and are used by many major websites.
We use session cookies:
To allow you to carry some information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
To compile statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website for all users.
We use persistent cookies:
We may use persistent cookies from time to time to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our website and to monitor your use of our website.
Use of web beacons
Sometimes some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
As required by membership of the Approved Workshop Caravan Scheme and the Provision of Services Regulations 2009, we have a complaints procedure in force. However, should you feel the need to make a formal complaint, this should be addressed to:
Mr James Redshaw
Tilshead Caravans Ltd
Wiltshire SP5 1BS
We are not a member of any trade association, although we have met the required standard to gain membership of the Approved Caravan Workshop Scheme.
Copyright © 2010-2020, Tilshead Caravans Ltd. All rights reserved.